Software engineer with 3 years of startup/scale-up experience, 6 years of development experience.
Currently working in the fin-tech sector, based in Calgary, AB.
Most experienced designing and working with NodeJS microservices, GraphQL and event-driven APIs.
Interested in a technical role where I can plan, develop and deliver scalable projects in a collaborative setting.
Senior Software Engineer - Neo Financial
Mar 2021 - Present (Calgary, AB & Remote)
- Architecting project for direct payment processing with MasterCard
- Continuing to scale payment processing system (up to 200k transactions per week, with average response time of ~300ms)
- Leading team of up to 10 engineers:
- Planning several large projects in close collaboration with product team
- Conducting one-on-one meetings, trainings, and onboarding sessions
- Interviewed 20+ developers
- Lead learning presentations
Mar 2020 - Mar 2021 (Calgary, AB & Remote)
- Designed and developed notification service in NodeJS:
- Event based service (via AWS SQS/SNS) with delay and scheduling functionality
- Delivering 600k emails, push notifications and SMS messages to customers per week
- Designed and wrote various full-stack features and APIs in GraphQL, NodeJS (TypeScript), ReactJS
- Created NodeJS libraries to be used across various microservices
Software Engineer - Rallyteam (acquired by Workday)
Jan 2018 - Aug 2018 (Vancouver, BC)
- Led small team in refactoring entirety of front-end codebase from AngularJS to Angular 5